The BOYA BY-PVM3000S Mic is a medium shotgun microphone featuring a modular design that supports other optional interchangeable capsules to maximize versatility and cost-effectiveness for a range of video production and sound design applications. The medium capsule on the BY-PVM3000M offers a narrow 50° pickup angle, allowing it to capture more ambience than the BY-PVM3000L (long) shotgun and less ambience than the BOYA BY-PVM3000S Mic (short) shotgun while maintaining front-facing directionality.
The base of the microphone incorporates an integrated preamplifier, low-noise circuitry, a balanced XLR output, and dual powering methods—24/48 VDC phantom power or a single AA battery (available separately), making it suitable for use with HDSLRs, camcorders, and dedicated audio recorders.
With a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz and a switchable 150 Hz low-cut filter, the BY-PVM3000M can deliver full-range audio reproduction while controlling low-frequency issues such as rumble. The included furry windshield and foam windscreen provide effective reduction of wind noise for indoor and outdoor recording.
Narrow 50° pickup angle offers a blend of focused directionality and moderate ambience capture for interviews, indie films, TV, and documentary production
- Modular design supports interchangeable capsules (short and long capsules not included) for versatility in various recording environments
- Supercardioid polar pattern offers enhanced off-axis rejection
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Integrated preamplifier with low self-noise circuitry
- Switchable 150 Hz low-cut filter for reducing rumble from HVAC systems and traffic
- Lightweight aluminum construction
In the Box
- BOYA BY-PVM3000M Modular Medium Shotgun Microphone
- Boya Furry Windshield
- Boya Shockmount
- Foam Windscreen
- 4 x Spare Rubber Bands
- Storage Pouch